Your Home Build Journey
Our Sales Consultants
- Come and see us with either your registered land, or let us connect you with trusted developers in your local area!
- Work with us to choose your house plan that suits your block and of course, your lifestyle. Create electrical and cabinetry plans to suit your needs.
- Discuss your wishlist with us, and receive your transparent quote back within 5 business days. Two revisions available to tailor to your budget.
- Sign your initial documentation and pay your initial deposit to secure your build with Emerald Developments. A receipt will be sent within 48 hours of receiving funds. Soil test will be ordered at this step.
- Once all documentation is completed and signed off and initial deposit has been paid, a contract will be sent to you for signing. Send this to your bank for finance approval.
Our Construction Team
- Pay your 5% deposit in order for Emerald Developments to proceed with pre-build process as per your HIA contract. A receipt will be sent within 48 hours of receiving funds.
- Our team will be in touch to arrange your complimentary appointment with our Colour Selection Consultant. Note: Your booking date will depend on availability and will be booked at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This appointment can only take place during business hours, Monday – Friday.
- Emerald Developments to order all further reports and process insurances including Energy Efficiency, Engineering, QBCC & Qleave, etc.
Emerald Developments to prepare and lodge covenant application. Once approved, full working drawings will be requested from our drafting team.
Once all reports are returned, covenant approval has been achieved and working drawings are available; council application will be prepared and lodged.
- Once council application has been approved and building approval is supplied from our certifier, our construction team will book in your construction commencement date within 20 calendar days.
Our Site Supervisors
- When your commencement date approaches, your Site Supervisor will call with an introduction and advise when your site will be cut. Weekly updates will be provided from here! Your important milestones are below.
- Site cut to slab pour.
- Building’s frame is completed.
- Roof, windows, doors, bricks; yay!
- All internal linings, architraves, cornices, skirtings, doors to rooms, baths, shower trays, wet area tiling, built in shelves, built in cabinets and built in cupboards are fitted and fixed in position.
- Practical completion, where the works are complete in accordance with the contract and all relevant statutory requirements, apart from minor omissions or minor defects, and the works are reasonably suitable for habitation.
Our Construction Team
- Your Practical Completion Inspection (PCI) date is booked when the painter enters your home. Handover is tentatively booked for three weeks after your PCI.
- Once all agreed defects are rectified, Emerald Developments will send through a PC invoice upon receiving the Form 21 from our Certifier. Send this straight to your bank for prompt payment.
- Once your final account, including any variations, has been paid; your handover appointment will be confirmed.
- The best day! Your handover pack and keys will be handed to you and you are the official owner of your brand new Emerald home.
- At the 11-month milestone, Emerald Developments will reach out with your maintenance report and procedure for your 12-month warranty inspection.